Home For the Holidays! 7 Christmas Tree Decor Tips to Enhance Your SunroomPosted on Dec 06, 2017 by Maryland Sunrooms
Your sunroom is a great location for your Christmas tree because a sunroom’s structure really helps to showcase your tree’s beauty. By placing your Christmas tree in your sunroom, you ensure that your tree’s decor can be seen and admired from the inside and outside of your home. Below are seven tips to help you keep your Christmas tree fresh and beautiful throughout the holiday season.
1) Select a prominent but safe location for your Christmas tree. The journey to a beautifully decorated sunroom begins with your selection of a safe location for your tree. Make sure your tree is at least three feet away from any heaters, vents, or fireplaces.
2) Make a fresh cut on your tree’s base. By cutting off roughly 1/4″ of your tree’s base, you will promote water absorption and help keep your tree well hydrated. Make sure you do not make an angular cut, as this can actually interfere with water absorption.
3) Fill your base with plenty of water. Ideally, your base should contain at least one gallon of fresh water. Before inserting your tree into the base, check your base for cracks and leaks. Make sure that someone in your household is responsible for keeping the base filled with water.
4) Remove the branches that extend from the base of your tree. This step helps prevent tripping and keeps lights and ornaments from dragging on the floor of your sunroom. Additionally, you create space under your tree to place your Christmas presents.
5) Wrap each strand of lights around your tree’s individual branches. Once your tree is safely positioned in its stand, it is time to add your lights. Rather than simply draping strands of lights around your tree, you can create a more uniform look by strategically wrapping strands around the tips of select tree branches.
6) Add your favorite ornaments. Ornaments should be hung after your lights because they can help mask light cords and fill sparse sections of your tree. Make sure that you hang your ornaments on branches as opposed to lights or cords.
7) Make a statement with your tree topper. Whether you choose a traditional star or a handmade angel, you will make your sunroom decor complete with a beautiful Christmas tree topper.
By following the tips above, your sunroom will quickly become the center of your Christmas festivities. For more ideas on enhancing your sunroom for the holidays, contact the professionals at Maryland Sunrooms. They will introduce you to the many ways that a sunroom will highlight your Christmas tree’s elegance!
Blog Credit – Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows http://sunroomsandwindows.blogspot.com/
At Maryland Sunrooms, we know just how important sunlight is to your health and happiness.
We can help you find ways to incorporate a sunroom design into your home. You can see eye-catching designs on Facebook at @MarylandSunrooms, on Pinterest @Marylandsunroom or on Instagram @marylandsunrooms.